- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- 6 green apples peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional) recommended
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup sweetener (maple syrup, brown or coconut sugar)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp good quality organic butter melted
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced.
- Add all of the fruit base ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, cook until apples have softened, and all is combined. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all the dry ingredients of the crumble into a large mixing bowl. If you haven’t already – melt your butter and coconut oil in a saucepan and pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined, I use my hands to do this I find it helps get the mixture nice and crumbly and well combined. If the mixture is too dry add a little more coconut oil or butter.
- Pour the fruit base mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly on the bottom.
- Pour the crumble mixture evenly over the top and lightly press down.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes (depending on your oven and how brown you want the top).
- Remove from the oven and serve with your choice of coconut ice cream.
I used a 30cm x 10cm baking dish for this crumble.