Makes 10 small pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk (I use cocoquench)
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt or any yoghurt you like
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Yoghurt for serving
- Fresh blueberries and banana from @yourfoodcollective for serving
- Combine the eggs, milk, yoghurt, vanilla and maple syrup in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the buckwheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients making sure not to over mix. The mixture will be quite runny, but the pancakes do thicken a little in the pan. If you like thicker pancakes you can add a few extra tablespoons of buckwheat flour.
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat with some olive oil and carefully spoon the mixture in with a tablespoon. Two tablespoons per pancake works well. Once bubbles appear on the top the pancakes are ready to flip.
- Serve with yoghurt, and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Buckwheat, despite the name is a not associated with wheat and thus is gluten free. Buckwheat has a distinct earthy flavour and contains minerals such as manganese, magnesium and copper.