- 1 ½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 small carrots peeled and grated
- 1 large green apple peeled and grated
- 2 large organic eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup orange juice (pure oranges)
- Handful sunflower seeds or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan forced and line a muffin tray with muffin cases or grease well with butter or olive oil.
2. In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and coconut.
3. In a separate large bowl mix together the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and orange juice.
4. Pour the wet mixture along with the grated carrot, apple and seeds (if you are adding them) into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until just combined, try not to over mix or the muffins may be a little dry.
5. Using a tablespoon, evenly place the mixture into the muffin tray and then place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. When a tooth pick comes out clean they should be ready.