INGREDIENTS FOR THE RELISH
- 1 lemon the juice of
- 1 lime the juice of
- ¼ cup currants
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large cauliflower head from @yourfoodcollective
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Cut the cauliflower evenly in half and then again either side so you get 2 clean cauliflower steaks that are about 3cm thick each.
- Heat a frypan over a high heat with some olive oil and sear both sides of the cauliflower for about 3 minutes each or until they are dark and crispy on the edges. Remove from the pan and gently place them on the baking tray, place in the oven to cook for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile to prepare the relish, combine the currants, lime and lemon juice in a small bowl and allow to sit for 15 minutes to give the currants time to absorb the juice and plump.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a small saucepan over a medium heat and allow to cook until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining relish ingredients, allow to cool and then add the lemon juice and currants, mix well.
- Once the cauliflower has finished cooking, serve on a smear of Greek yoghurt and top with relish and toasted nuts (optional). Hazelnuts are my favourite with this dish! Enjoy.
This dish makes for a great side at a summer BBQ, dinner or to take to a lunch.