- 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 400g pasta (any pasta will work)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil for cooking and dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, crushed garlic, half of the juice of the lemon and ¼ cup of olive oil, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a few hours or as long as you have, 20 minutes will be fine if that is all you have.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and then tip back into the pot.
- Heat the pot over medium heat and add the chickpeas, ensuring you tip all the olive oil into the pot, stir occasionally making sure the pasta doesn’t stick.
- Once the chickpeas are heated through, add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and parsley and stir through.
- Serve immediately with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese if you like.