- 4 slices fresh sourdough, toasted and then blended to a fine crumb
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs for coating the chicken
- ¼ cup milk (any milk will work) for coating the chicken
- 1kg organic chicken tenderloins
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 3 tbsp McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes
- 1 thumb size chunk of ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 1 lime (the juice of)
- 3 tbsp honey
- A good pinch of salt
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag or 150g mixed garden leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with paper, ready for the chicken to be finished off in the oven after frying.
- Prepare the salad by combing all the ingredients in a salad bowl and place in the fridge ready for serving. Dress with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the relish by adding 2 tbsp McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes to a mortar and pestle and crush until the flakes become finer. Add the ginger, garlic, onions and shallots to the mortar and pestle and crush until the ingredients have formed a paste like consistency. Add the lime juice, honey and salt then stir. Taste and add additional McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes to reach desired heat. Consistency should now be like a relish. Place in the fridge ready for serving.
- Prepare the crumb by toasting the sourdough then allow to cool completely before blending in a blender until a fine crumb forms. Add the sourdough crumbs along with the almond meal, nutritional yeast and McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes to a large tray and mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the milk and whisk together.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then coat well with the crumb mixture, place on a plate and repeat the remaining chicken.
- Heat a large frypan on a medium to high heat with enough olive oil for a shallow fry. Once the oil is hot, slowly add the pieces of chicken, one at a time until the pan is full. Cook for a few minutes or until golden brown before flipping, cook for a further few minutes on the other side and then transfer to your prepared oven proof tray. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, this shouldn’t take long.
- Serve the chicken hot with the garden salad and relish. Dress with lime and extra McCormick Organic Chilli Flakes and enjoy.