- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Steam and mash the sweet potato, then whilst still hot add half the chocolate chips to the sweet potato. Stir until the chocolate chips have melted into the sweet potato. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees, fan forced.
- Line a muffin tray with papers, the mixture makes 18 cupcakes so you may have to do in two batches unless you have two muffin trays.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Add the sweet potato and chocolate mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold through until all the mixture is combined. Gently mix in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray, filling up each cup ¾ of the way.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 minutes. Once a toothpick comes out clean the muffins are ready.
- Let cool and enjoy!