- olive oil for frying
- 1 leek sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g button mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk, canned
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 250g spelt pasta or buckwheat pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan over high heat, fry off the leek and garlic in some olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and turn the heat down to a medium heat, cook for a few minutes then add the coconut milk and nutritional yeast, stir through and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the leek and mushroom, stir over a medium heat to assure the dish is warmed through, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as is or with a sprinkle of parmesan and cracked pepper, enjoy!