- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 450g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, white and pale green part only, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the mushrooms on the tray evenly and coat with 2 tbsp or so of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the butter and remaining olive oil (2 tbsp) to a large pot over high heat, add the garlic and leek and cook until soft and fragrant, roughly 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are done, add them to the pot along with the thyme and stir well, let cook for a few minutes before adding the stock.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled, add the contents to a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with thyme and a drizzle of pure cream if you like. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.