- Olive oil for frying (I use quite a lot in this dish)
- 1 packet brown rice spaghetti (I use San Remo, its gluten free and organic!)
- 400g button mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley chopped finely
- 400ml organic coconut milk (canned), you can use normal cream however coconut cream is a healthier dairy free option
- 2 tsp A. Vogel herbamare salt (my favourite! adds such great flavour) optional
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions and set aside, toss with some olive oil to avoid it from sticking. I also like to add a little olive oil to the water it is cooked in.
- Slice the mushrooms and then heat a large pan over medium to high heat with a decent amount of olive oil (about 3-4 tbsp). Add the minced garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are beginning to brown and soften.
- Add the coconut cream, reduce the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mushrooms along with the parsley, salts, pepper and chilli flakes, toss to combine. Sometimes I add a little more olive oil here.
- Serve with some parmesan cheese or as is.