- olive oil for cooking
- 4 large roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tin butter beans
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper, place the tomatoes on the baking paper and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- In a large pot, heat a few tbsp of olive oil with the onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, roast tomatoes, butter beans and stock to the pot and stir well, reduce the heat to a simmer and let the soup cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the fresh basil leaves, let cool and then blitz the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with some delicious buttery sourdough and enjoy.