- olive oil for frying and dressing
- 1 head broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 250g spelt fettuccine or your pasta of choice
- salt and pepper
- parmesan to serve
- Steam the broccoli florets until soft and then roughly chop or blitz in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a large frypan or pot and heat over a medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for a few minutes, then add the broccoli, spinach, broth and chilli flakes, let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions, drain the pasta and then add to the broccoli sauce.
- Serve hot with parmesan and a good drizzle of olive oil.