- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 cup oatmeal (gluten free oats)
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp lime rind
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 organic eggs
- 80g organic butter melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
- 1 large tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced and line or grease a muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs then add in the milk, yoghurt, butter (make sure it has cooled once melted), lime rind, lime juice and maple syrup. Whisk all the wet ingredients together until well combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to combine the two. The mixture wont be as runny as your average muffin batter but don’t worry it will turn out.
5. Evenly place the mixture into the muffin tray and then place in the oven to bake for approximately 20 minutes. When a tooth pick comes out clean they should be ready.