INGREDIENTS FOR THE COMPOTE:
- 10 strawberries diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- For the compote, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and let simmer for approx. 10 minutes or until to strawberries soften and the texture becomes like a runny jam. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a 12-cup muffin tray with papers.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Once cooled, add the strawberry compote to the wet ingredients bowl, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and gently fold the mixture together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, filling them up just over half way.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, once golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out slightly clean, they should be done – the muffins are quite dense due to the nut and coconut flour used hence the toothpick might not be completely clean
- Let cool and enjoy.