- 1 ½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups coconut milk or your choice of milk
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ a cup sweetener (I use maple syrup)
- fresh berries to serve
- Measure up dry ingredients and place in a large mixing bowl together, mix well and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk thoroughly together and then pour into the well of the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup and stir the mixture until a smooth consistency is achieved. If the mixture is too thick for you and you prefer thin pancakes just add a touch of milk and stir well.
- Heat up a saucepan and add some olive oil or butter to the pan, scoop in 2 large tbsp of the pancake mixture for a medium sized pancake.
- Monitor the heat as you don’t want the pan to get too hot, once the top side of the pancake starts to bubble its ready to flip.
- Serve with fresh berries, coconut yoghurt and maple syrup. YUM!