- Olive oil for frying and coating the vegetables
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 Japanese pumpkin
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 litre of organic vegetable stock
- Boiling water to add as you desire depending on the thickness you prefer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- Remove skin from both pumpkins and chop into squares, add this along with the carrot and onion to a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Peel the garlic cloves and scatter them evenly throughout the baking tray with the rest of the prepared vegetables, sprinkle turmeric, salt and pepper, a drizzle of honey and place the tray in the oven for about 45 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the leek to a large pot with some olive oil and and sauté until soft. Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and add them to the pot, stir well to combine them with the leek.
- Add 1 litre of vegetable stock to the pot and stir through the vegetables.
- Using a hand blender or a food processor (for a smoother soup), blend all the ingredients until smooth, add boiling water as you go until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve hot with some crispy sourdough and enjoy.