- 650g wholegrain oats
- 1 cup almonds whole or chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced), line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and then pour in the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Combine the mixture with your hands making sure all the dry ingredients are coated, then pour the granola onto the baking trays evenly. Try to spread the mixture as evenly as you can over the baking trays, this helps to roast the mixture evenly.
- Place the baking trays in the oven, every 5 minutes you will need to check on the granola and use a spoon to flip the mixture over and make sure the underneath is getting brown as well. I usually flip the mixture about 4 times, so 20 minutes all up, you can do however long you like depending on how brown you want your granola.
- Once your desired colour is achieved, remove the trays from the oven and let cool for an hour or so. Once the granola has cooled, place in a glass jar or airtight container to store and enjoy.