- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 500g swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 500g brown rice pasta or any pasta of your choice
- 1-2 cups of water from the cooked pasta
- a large handful of chopped parsley to dress
- ½ cup parmesan cheese to dress
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large fry pan and add the chopped mushrooms to the pan, allowing to cook for 10 minutes or until all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and the mushrooms have browned.
- Add the garlic, shallots and miso paste and cook for a further 2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Cook Spaghetti until almost cooked (it will cook completely in the next step), drain the liquid into a bowl and set aside 1-2 cups of the liquid.
- Add half the pasta liquid to the fry pan of mushrooms along with the cooked pasta. Heat over a medium to high heat and stir through until all the ingredients are combined and heated through. Add additional liquid if needed.
- Add parsley and stir through.
- Serve hot immediately with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper to taste.