- 450g raw almonds
- 200g coconut flakes
- 250g dates
- 200g pepitas
- 200g hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 150g coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp honey
- a good pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS (CHOCOLATE TOPPING)
- 300g good quality dark chocolate
- optional to add a touch of honey, vanilla and coconut oil (about 1 tsp of each)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced) and line a large baking tray for roasting the almonds and coconut flakes.
- Prepare your baking dish for the slice (28cm x 28cm), line with baking paper.
- Mix 50g of the melted coconut oil with the almond and coconut flakes, then place on baking tray and bake until slightly golden (about 15 minutes).
- Place the remainder of the base ingredients into a food processor, along with the baked almonds and coconut flakes (once they have cooled down). Blend until the mixture is well combined and continue until your desired consistency is achieved, you don’t want it too crumbly or too big – somewhere in between works (see photo for what works well for me).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and very firmly press it into the tray using the back of a large metal or plastic spoon to smooth it out evenly.
- Melt the chocolate icing ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat until completely melted.
- Pour the icing over the base and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, slice up and enjoy.