- 2 whole pears completely peeled
- Enough water to cover the pears completely in a saucepan
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup, which ever you prefer
- Fill up the saucepan with water, add the cinnamon, honey and vanilla to the water and bring to the boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the whole peeled pears to the water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and let the pears simmer for a further 10 minutes until they are nice and soft.
- Remove the pears from the heat and let them rest until they are cool enough to slice or eat as you like.