- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter (optional)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup arborio (risotto) rice uncooked
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ butternut pumpkin, diced into cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- goats feta and maple roasted walnuts to dress (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, place the chopped pumpkin on a baking tray, sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper and bake until the edges are golden. Roughly 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the oil, butter and leeks to a deep pot and sauté for 4 minutes or until soft. Then add the garlic, rice, salt and pepper, cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pumpkin and stir for a minute until well combined, then add the broth one cup at a time, stirring between each cup. Once all the broth has been added, reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the rice to cook, this should take roughly 20 minutes. Stir often to avoid anything sticking to the bottom of the pan and add in the chopped kale and parmesan when there are 5 minutes remaining.
- Serve hot as is or top with maple roasted walnuts and goats feta. Enjoy!