- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, this makes about 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- ¼ kent pumpkin chopped into bite sized pieces
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped continental parsley
- ½ small red onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil (to dress)
- ½ lemon (to dress)
- Cook quinoa (according to instructions on the packet), then set aside to cool.
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced.
- Coat the chopped pumpkin in the cumin, ground coriander seeds and a little bit of olive oil and roast in the oven until soft and brown (about 30 minutes depending on your oven), set aside to cool.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add it to a salad bowl and mix in the chopped parsley, red onion, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled add it into the salad mixing it in with a spoon NOT a fork, this keeps the pumpkin in chunks and prevents it from being mushed through the salad.
- Finally, stir in the pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
This salad is best cold and will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I like to dress this with some olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon, also tastes amazing with some feta sprinkled on top!