- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed or 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 120g (1 bag) mixed baby spinach and rocket, chopped
- 250g brown rice pasta
- Olive oil for roasting the vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the whole tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and onions and garlic on the baking tray, drizzle with a decent amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes or until softened and nice and brown.
- This step isn’t necessary if you don’t have the time but I believe it helps to bring out the flavours – once the vegetables have cooled, place them in a bowl and leave them in the fridge for the day (6 hours). This also makes for an easy throw together dinner of an evening if you already have your vegetables prepared.
- In a pot or large fry pan drizzle some olive oil and reheat the roast vegetables.
- Whilst the veg are cooking, prepare the pasta as per the packet instructions (don’t tip out the pasta water yet).
- Once the pasta has cooked, strain the water, keeping 1/2 a cup of the starchy water to add to the dish. Try not to overcook the pasta as it cooks for a further few minutes when combining with the vegetables. Rinse pasta and drain.
- Add the starchy water to the vegetables and stir through, add the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and enjoy!
Notes – if you are needing some extra protein you could add some chicken to this dish.