For this particular recipe I don’t use measurements, alter to how many people are eating.
- cooked brown rice
- sweet potato chopped into small cubes
- cauliflower chopped into small pieces (white or purple)
- brussel sprouts roughly chopped
- zucchini sliced into small pieces
- felafels, haloumi, chickpeas or your protein of choice
These bowls are so versatile, you could add or remove any veggie you like, the key is to chopping the vegetables nice and small, laying them on a bed of rice, topping with a protein of your choice and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, place the sweet potato on one and the remaining vegetables on the other.
- Place the sweet potato in the oven this should take about 20 minutes, place the remaining vegetables in the oven halfway through the baking time of the sweet potato as the sweet potato takes about double the amount of time.
- Prepare your protein of choice – felafels, haloumi, chicken.
- Assemble your bowl and add your protein of choice, dress with olive oil, sesame seeds and chilli flakes and enjoy!