- 1 L broth or stock (I use fresh chicken broth)
- 3 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece ginger thumb sized, finely chopped
- 1 large green chilli (you can use any kind depending on how hot you like things)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped or whole stalks
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 serves of thin rice noodles
- 200g firm tofu, sliced into squares
- Pour the broth into a large saucepan, add the garlic, ginger, chilli and soy sauce and let simmer over a medium heat with the lid on for about an hour.
- One the broth has a nice flavour you can begin to prepare the rest of the dish, press the tofu with some paper towel to remove the moisture.
- Heat a frypan over a high heat with some olive oil, place the tofu in the pan and let it cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown before flipping to cook for a further 3 minutes. Once cooked set the pan aside.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms to the broth and let them cook through for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
- Now all the elements are prepared, place some bok choy in your bowls, add some rice noodles, pour over the broth and then add the tofu on top.
- Season with chilli flakes and fresh shallots if you like. Enjoy!