- Thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- The white parts of 3 spring onions sliced thinly (the green part is optional, I use this to garnish fresh)
- 1 large carrot sliced into small cubes
- 1 large red chilli chopped finely
- 200g firm tofu sliced into small cubes
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2-3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet. I try to just undercook the rice so when added to the vegetables in the pan it doesn’t go too soft. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan over medium to high heat with a splash of olive oil, add the ginger, garlic, chilli, onions and carrot to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the carrot has started to soften, add the tofu to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice, tamari sauce and honey to the pan, stir through and continue to cook until the rice is heated through.
- Dress with some shallots and crushed peanuts then serve in some lettuce cups or however you like.